Monday 30 September 2013

Can't Spell Party Without a TY!

Last Wednesday was our last day of workshops before work experience starts. Our first workshop was with Brenda and Kate from BK Inniu. At the start of this workshop we had to walk down a red carpet while balancing our journals on our heads. I was really bad at it and I kept dropping my journal. They also showed us how to find out our face shape and taught us how to apply make up properly. 

After break, we had a workshop with Mr C and Ms H about work experience. They told us what we should wear and taught us how to greet our employers. They also told us about dangers in the workplace. I really liked this workshop and now I don't feel as nervous about my first day of work experience.

Our last workshop was Positive Parties with Denise. As always, it was a lot of fun. We got to eat sweets and dance. Marketa got to put on a banana costume! We learned about building rapport, which is all about building relationships with people. It was really fun, but I had to leave early to go to a hockey match.

I'm really sad that we haven't got any workshops for a few weeks, but I'm excited to start work experience. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment