Tuesday 1 October 2013

Work Experience Worries

Tomorrow is my first day of work experience, and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. I am going to the Liffey Champion newspaper in Leixlip. I'm particularly anxious because Wednesday is the day that the Liffey Champion goes to print, everyone working there will be extremely busy, and to quote the editor, I'll be "thrown in the deep end". 

Despite the nerves, I'm still really excited about starting work experience. I have always been interested in becoming a journalist and I can't wait to see what it's like. This morning I also found out that I'll be doing work experience with another girl from my year, which has definitely made the whole thing a little less scary! 

I start working tomorrow at nine o'clock and don't finish until five. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing yet but I do know that I'll get a chance to write articles and some might actually be published (only if they're good enough!).

I really hope that after my first day I won't be as nervous and I'll enjoy going out for work experience. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment